"The beach across East Cliff is known as Corcoran Beach by some and was named after James Corcoran, another early settler. As early as 1856 he had a large farm that extended from Schwan Lake/Lagoon to Corcoran Lagoon, and from 17th Avenue to Lower Capitola Road. James was originally from Ireland."
Gary Griggs, Our Ocean Backyard
Santa Cruz Sentinel
4 August 2019